language language language
FI EN
menu
language language language
FI EN
menu

Nuijamaa Parish Museum

Parish Museum located in the border area between Finland and Russia

Nuijamaa Parish Museum is located in the border area between Finland and Russia. The museum building was built in the year 1910. Nuijamaa Seura (Nuijamaa Society) founded the museum in 1979. The museum is open in the summer on Sundays and on traditional singing evenings. There are exhibitions on two floors. The ground floor presents the history of Nuijamaa before the Winter War and the upper floor is decorated as an evacuee home. Also, an own exhibition representing the farming culture.

Admission free (only by prior arrangements).

Nuijamaa Parish Museum
Tassiantie 4
54230
NUIJAMAA
Lappeenranta Etela-Suomen Laani Finland
Flurries
-8°C