Want to experience the great outdoors, amazing scenery, the cleanest air in the world and amazing landscapes! Welcome to Lake Saimaa, Purest Finland!
Lappeenranta and Imatra region offers diverse and exciting hiking destinations for couples and friends or the whole family. The selection of hiking trails include both accessible and easy-to-reach routes as well as more demanding routes for outdoor enthusiasts looking for challenges. Getting to know the area by foot is of course also an ecological way to get from one place to another.
Have you already visited the TOP 5 outdoor destinations?
1. Hämmäauteensuo Mire Nature Trail - botanical highlights and family friendly
2. Lappeenranta Lakeside route (Rantaraitti), geological trail - accessible and family friendly
3. Mikonsaari nature trail as a day trip destination - scenic route and family friendly
4. The geological trail of Imatra Lammassaari island - geological highlights and family friendly
5. The Traces of the Ice Age – Stone Age Man route - historical highlights
The tourist information is always happy to help with any questions about the region!
Check out the latest news on travel restrictions during the Coronavirus pandemic here >>